You should not attempt foot care home basics self-treatment if you have any of the following conditions:
1. You should wash your feet every day in warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly, especially between the toes. Using your hair dryer is a great way to insure your feet are completely dry.
2. You should exfoliate your feet regularly, and the older you get the more often you must do this. For women over 40, daily exfoliation is a must, if you want to keep your bare feet beautiful.
3. Daily moisturizing is also a must, if you want to keep your bare feet from that dry scaly look.
4. Lightly apply a medicated foot powder, if you will not be going bare foot.
5. Trim your toenails regularly. Soften nails first by soaking them in warm water. Cut straight across, not too short, and not down at the corners, which can lead to ingrown nails.
6. Give yourself a regular home pedicure.
7. Exercise to increase circulation and go bare foot (wearing well fitting sandals or open toed shoes if you suffer from heel pain or arch problems) as often as possible to allow your feet to get exercise, oxygen and sunshine!
8. Avoid poor fitting shoes and especially ones that cramp your toes. They will ruin your feet and nails.
9, Always wear flip flops or shower shoes in public areas.
10. Change shoes and socks or hosiery daily.
11. Give yourself regular foot massages to minimize stress, re-energize, release congestion and toxins, and improve circulation.
12. Avoid cheap shoes which have inadequate foot beds, or are made from synthetic materials which don't breathe and therefore cause excessive sweating.
13. Cling wrap is your friend! On a regular basis, coat your feet with your favorite moisturizer, wrap in cling wrap or plain plastic bag, cover with cotton socks and sleep on it! In the morning your feet will be soft, supple and nourished.
For a list of helpful products to use in your foot care home basics regimen, check out the list of Foot Care Home Basics Products included here. If you are troubled by Heel Cracks and Dry Skin, this page will be a source of helpful information.
Troubled by toenail issues? There are some amazing new products to help you with this problem, just click on the link for information onToenail Fungus and other issues.
Are you continuing to be frustrated in your efforts to lose weight. Check out my diet rationale and the diet plan with links to supplements that will help you get your blood sugar in line and keep it there.
Summer's Almost Here!
Are you in need of a serious barefoot makeover?
KeryFlex toenail restoration could be a solution for you.
DO YOU HOMEWORK before scheduling your next salon pedicure.
Are you a DIY-er? Get some tips for your home pedicure.
Looking for a toenail restoration or spa pedicure? Baltimore area residents check out this page:
Check here for a podiatrist in your area who provides KeryFlex.
Find out how you can more than double the life of your next pedicure, cover mild imperfections, make ridges disappear while providing a smooth, shiny finish for your bare toenails! Natural Nail Boost!
New Hope For Unsightly Toenails: KeryFlex™ Toenail Restoration
Read about a new treatment that could restore a more normal look to your toenails. Click here to read more about this amazing product! KeryFlex™ Nail Restoration system may be offered at your local podiatrist's office. Click here to request information about your local providers.
Make a buzz by clicking on one of the links below!
Have You Always Wanted To Build Your Own Website!
Find out how I made that dream come true!